How to fix receding gums?
Gum loss (gum recession) begins long before we feel that first sensitivity to hot or cold. Untreated it can lead to bigger concerns. Fortunately, this loss can be corrected with a simple procedure at our office.
Collagen gum regeneration is the process where collagen is placed into the receding gum line. This collagen stimulates new gum growth.
What is gum regeneration?
In gum regeneration (which is less invasive than a traditional gum graft), a pouch is created in the receding gum line. Then strips of collagen are placed into the pouch. The pouch allows for the gums to be gently put back where they belong, covering your teeth roots. The collagen holds your gums in place and encourages new collagen growth at the site. By the two-month mark, the added collagen has been completely absorbed and replaced by new gum growth. We use cutting edge technology which allows the patient’s own blood to be spun and separated in order to derive special cells (CGF, PRF) which in turn stimulate the patient’s own stem cells to grow new gum and bone.
Why does gum loss occur?
- Malaligned bite.
- Gingivitis / periodontal disease.
- Aggressive or incorrect brushing.
- Tooth grinding.
Why is gum loss a problem?
- Sensitivity to hot and cold.
- Bone loss accompanies gum loss.
- Infection, decay, and possible tooth loss.
- Bad breath due to bacteria build-up.
Benefits of Gum Regeneration Using Collagen:
- A less invasive procedure than traditional gum grafting.
- Prevent bone loss.
- Lessens if not eliminates sensitivity.
- Helps to prevent tooth decay/ loss.
- Can reduce the toothy smile that often comes with gum loss.
- No need to cut your palate.
Gum Regeneration - Before & After
All dental work completed in-house:
Call us to find out how we can help you best improve your smile with advanced dental care!
Call us at: 519-208–9009
For more information on how to replace lost teeth using implants, crowns, and anchored dentures, plus other advanced dental care (including more before & after photos), visit:
- Jaw Bone Regeneration
- Dental implants
- Anchored Bridges & Anchored Dentures
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Comfortable Bite (fix TMJ Disorder and other bite related issues)
- Amalgam Filling Removal (replace mercury/silver fillings)
Contact our advanced dental clinic for a free consultation and for more information: 519-208-9009