Bite & Jaw Problems
What is a “Comfortable Bite”?
Are you constantly chipping and breaking your teeth? Do you have headaches and/ or neck pain? Do you wake up in the morning with a sore jaw? Often we seek help from our doctor or chiropractor to treat these conditions. Your dentist can help too. These issues may be linked to your teeth.
An uneven bite is not always easy for you to notice, but left unfixed it may lead to dental, joint and skeletal problems. Fortunately, we can offer non-surgical relief by realigning your bite.
Common reasons for an uneven bite:
- Missing teeth.
- Multiple dental procedures such as crowns and fillings that don’t quite fit.
- Past dentistry eg. Fillings, crowns, or have had missing teeth replaced causing your bite to shift.
Issues linked with an uneven bite include:
- Teeth worn down / broken.
- Headaches / neck aches.
- Stress on your TMJ joint, leading to TMJ disorder.
- Unattractive smile.
Benefits to Correcting Your Bite:
The joint that connects your jaw to your skull at your neck is called the Temporomandibular joint, more easily known as TMJ. When this joint is stressed you may develop the painful TMJ disorder known as TMD (TMJ Disorder or Temporomandibular Joint Disorder). Dr. Ali Farahani can help fix your TMD by fixing bite issues, encouraging jaw relaxation, and building an orthotic for your jaw to help it return to its natural position.
Common reasons for TMJ problems:
- Uneven bite.
- Trauma to the jaw.
- Joint diseases i.e. Arthritis.
- Clenching or grinding of teeth.
- Mouth breathing and childhood Asthma.
- Ill-fitting dentures.
Issues linked with TMJ problems include:
- Headaches, including migraines.
- Sore muscles: Neck/ shoulders/ jaw.
- Ringing in the ears (tinnitus).
- Vision problems.
- Post-nasal drip.
- Swallowing problems.
- Sleep issues.
- Numbness or tingling in your hands and fingers.
Benefits to Healing TMD (TMJ Disorder):
Before & After Photos
All dental work completed in-house:
Dr. Ali has extensive experience with advanced dental treatments and our clinic completes all procedures under one roof.
Call us for more information or a consultation: 519-208–9009
For more information on how to replace lost teeth, cosmetic dentistry or other advanced dental care (including more before & after photos), visit:
- Dental implants
- Anchored Bridges & Anchored Dentures
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Amalgam Filling Removal (replace mercury/silver fillings)
- Gum Regeneration (fix receding gums)
Contact our advanced dental clinic for a free consultation and for more information: 519-208-90